The Acquisio APIs are versioned with a single number for major versions. The major version is included in the URL of the API and will be incremented when incompatible API changes are done.
- Each major version of an API has its own release notes.
- Backward compatible changes made to an API are documented in the release notes.
The following changes are considered breaking changes:
- Adding a new mandatory field to a resource for which no default value can be set
- Changing the type of a field
- Renaming a field
- Removing a field
- Removing an endpoint
- Changing the URL of an endpoint
- Renaming an enum constant
The following changes aren’t considered breaking changes:
- Adding an endpoint to an API
- Adding a new field to a resource (if the field is optional or has a default value)
- Adding a new optional query parameter with a default value (?parameter=value)
- Adding a new error code (see Acquisio APIs Error Codes)